I think this is great, and it’s called Double Happiness. In Shenzhen an architect has converted an old billboard structure into a mini playground in the sky…
The creator, Mesarchitecture, explains what it is ” This piece of urban furniture, by being nomad, allows the reactivation of different public spaces. It enables inhabitants to reappropriate fragments of their city. They will both escape and dominate public space through a game of equilibrium and desequilibrium.
By playing this “risky” game, and testing their own limits, two people can experience together a new perception of space, void, lightness and recover an awarness of the physical world.!”
I just enjoyed reading those two paragraphs, and love how the swings are called urban furniture, and I love the photogrpah below…I wish I could sit on those swings, after a day in the office, looking over a skyline like that.
I can’t remember where I saw the first link to this, but check out their website: http://www.mesarchitecture.com/blog/?p=75
- cynthcxy reblogged this from magicmonkeymojo
- its-allgoodinthehood reblogged this from afraid-to-merge
- plasticslug reblogged this from ampligenic
- 502blues likes this
- healthandmed reblogged this from ampligenic
- malasada reblogged this from afraid-to-merge
- magicmonkeymojo reblogged this from afraid-to-merge and added:
- afraid-to-merge posted this